“Mature Version” (MK3 listed / SCUS-94955 / PSRM-001610)
|Genre: Demo||CDs: 1|
|Publisher: Sony||Released: 1995-1996|
|Developer: Varies||UPC: None|
|Sony ID: SCUS-94955||PSRM: 001610|
|Players: 1 Player||Memory: None|
Check out the hottest games for the PlayStation!
Demo Sleeve Release “Teen Version” (MK3 and Loaded Removed / SCUS-94956 / PSRM-001620) – This version was sold in stores, while the Mature version was the system pack-in.
- There are no known misprints.
- Includes playable demos of the following retail games:
Screenshots are presented in order of the games’ appearances of the demo menu.
Loaded (Hidden on Teen Retail Version of Demo)
NHL Face Off (Video)
Destruction Derby (Video)
NFL Game Day (Video)
Mortal Kombat 3 (Hidden on Teen Retail Version of Demo)
Doom (Unlocked on the Teen Variant through a patch. See Trivia Tab.)
Follow the discovery of the hidden Doom demo in video form.
- A demo of Doom was locked away forever until it was stumbled upon in February 2021. You can patch the Teen variant of Interactive Sampler CD Volume One to play Doom, Loaded, and Mortal Kombat 3. The patch is on Game-Rave’s official archive.org page.
- There’s a scroll of ones and zeroes at the top of the screen acting like binary code. However if you simply sit at the screen, secret messages will start appearing. Some of them are marketing phrases, some of them are references to other media.
“WOULD YOU LIKE”
“WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY”
- “SATURN BITES”
- “THE GAMES ARE READY”
“32-BIT RISC POWER”
“FULL SCREEN VIDEO @ 30 FPS”
- “THINK EXTREME”
“U R NOT READY”
- Certain games will have their own exclusive messages, which result in secrets or programmer cheats. We’ve cataloged all of it below.
- “Square, Triangle, Circle, Square, Square” (Twisted Metal Cheat: Unlocks Hidden Level)
- “321789” (Mortal Kombat 3 Versus Screen Code: It’s actually 987-123 backwards. Hides the Health Bars)
“010696” (Mortal Kombat 3’s Ultimate Code, it unlocks Smoke)
“Hold Triangle, B-B-F, Release Triangle” (Mortal Kombat 3: Appears to be a typo of an -Ality?)
- “BIG.BOYS” (NFL Game Day Cheat: Unlocks Big Mode)
“CRUNCH.TIME” (NFL Game Day Cheat: Unlocks Big Hits Mode)
- “Cross, Circle, Circle, Square, Cross, Triangle, Circle, Triangle” (War Hawk Cheat: Kali Mode – 8 Ultra Lock-Ons and 24 Super Swarmers)
- “Triangle, Triangle” (NHL Face Off – Some type of shot / move)