Light Gun (Guncon)
| Retail Barcode:
7 22674 02069 5
| Sony ID:
November 15, 1997
TO DEFEAT A CASTLE FULL OF ARMED KILLERS, IT’S GOING TO TAKE WITS, SKILL AND COURAGE. AND ONE VERY BIG GUN.
EVEN TIME IS YOUR ENEMY.
When Rachel, the President’s daughter, is kidnapped by a madman, it’s up to secret agent Richard Miller to save the day. The only thing standing between Richard and Rachel is an army of henchmen, a dozen or so murderous ninjas, and a few robotic assassins, just for good measure. The odds are tough, but with the Namco Guncon to even the score, Richard’s got a fighting chance.
- Features the complete arcade hit, plus a new original scenario for the PlayStation game console.
- Hidden areas to discover throughout the game.
- Multiple endings, each linked to how well you complete your mission.
- Challenge the Story Mode or sharpen your shooting skills in Time Attack Mode.
- Includes the Guncon! with duck/reload button for authentic arcade action
- There is no Review for this game yet.
There are no Images for this game yet.
There are no Ads for this game yet.
- There are no known variants, however it is unclear if the game was released separate from the Guncon. The game case’s UPC barcode would hint at such a possibility, but right now the memory is a little fuzzy. The sequel and all three Point Blank games had separate and bundle releases.
- NOTE: Light Gun games both Guncon and Justifier will not work on modern TVs. You need to use an old CRT / “tube” television.
- Namco’s Guncon was ahead of its time for accuracy. Besides plugging into the controller port, the gun also piggybacked onto the PlayStation’s AV video feed, allowing for some ridiculous shots in-game. A long way from the on-screen light squares of the NES Zapper.
- Besides the arcade mode, there is a console exclusive side mission.
- The game has an interesting bonus that isn’t really mentioned; it still supports a foot pedal. If you plug in any controller into port two, be it a controller, a racing wheel with pedal, or the actual custom made pedals, you can have the true arcade experience again.
- The Guncon would eventually be recolored to all orange for future bundle releases due to real life gun tragedies in the US.
- In Europe the Guncon is known as the G-con45.
- If you are using an RF switch, you will need to pick up the Sony AV Adapter (SCPH-116OU) as it provides the AV input needed for the Guncon.
- The game’s direct sequel Project Titan was a PlayStation exclusive release.
- Time Crisis’s arcade version featured a recoil mechanism on the gun, which slid the top of the gun back like in a real gun. While the official home version removed this feature (more than likely to safety / cost issues), 3rd party companies stepped up and made them. Having tried a few way back in the day, I kind of like the non-jolt one better. The noise of the recoil got old fast.