(No cover scan at this time)
Everyone to Teen
| Retail Barcode:
| Sony ID:
2000 / 2001
Description From Sleeve
This Demo Disc is loaded with 12 Playable demos you can play on your PlayStation game console.
- The Legend of Dragoon
- Medievil II
- Grind Session
- CTR (Crash Team Racing)
- Spyro (2): Ripto’s Rage!
Contains Demos for Software rated E to T by the ESRB.
One of the rarest and toughest demo disc…variants…to track down, beating out the ever elusive NBA 2 Ball and others. As of this posting, this is only the 2nd confirmed copy of the demo discovered in about 5 years.
While the sleeve is the true variant, the disc is actually a reprinting of the ‘PlayStation Demo Disc 2000’ – which makes this a 3rd variant and the hardest of the 4 versions to find with the Wal-Mart version coming behind it.
The opening is a video ad for the PlayStation Underground Magazine, and once you get to the playable demos, you have the following options:
- Intro Sequence
- The Legend of Dragoon Demo
- Grind Session Demo
- Medievil II Demo
- CTR (Crash Team Racing) Demo
- Spyro (2): Ripto’s Rage Demo
- Speed Punks Demo
- Hot Shots Golf 2 Demo
- Tomba! 2 Demo
- Threadz Video Ad
- WWF Smackdown Demo
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 Demo
- Threads of Fate Demo
- Star Wars: Episode I – Jedi Power Battles Demo
The PlayStation and items came as part of the “Family Entertainment System” (Wait…that sounds…familiar…) that was an option for the Ford WindStar mini-van. The entire package is shown below. Note that everything apart from the demo and brochure were standard retail items with no variant angle. Since there was no outer box to hold it all, you could easily assemble the entire thing in pieces and call it a day.
There are no Screenshots a this time.
Supplemental: The Original Brochure
There are no pictures at this time.
This is a variant of the PlayStation Demo Disc 2000. Pictures and links to be added at a later time.
- There is a song hidden on the disc! If you place it in a PC / Mac or standard CD player and choose track #2, it’s the song “Empty Heart”. Not sure who is singing it though.
- This version of the Demo disc was only available through buying the Ford Winstar 2001 with an optional “Family Entertainment System”. The set-up included the SCPH-9001 model PlayStation, Gran Turismo 2, a Carrying Bag, this demo, and a brochure. What makes this demo all the more elusive is that it is never ever mentioned in the brochure or advertising.
- It’s important to note that while this demo was acquired in a 100% factory sealed set of items, there was no outer box keeping everything in place. From the brochure, the dealership would have installed the system at time of purchase. Since everything but the demo are all 100% off-the-shelf retail items, it’s safe to bet that most people tossed the Demo disc or never got the system box etc. The PlayStation deck was sealed, which means the Ford Demo was never in there, proving that there is no system box variant to go along with the demo’s sleeve variant. Thank god…