|Genre: Racing||CDs: 1|
|Publisher: Psygnosis||Released: Pre-September 1999|
|Developer: Psygnosis||UPC: None|
|Sony ID: SLUS-90063||PSRM: 015410|
|Players: 1 Player||Memory: None|
|Accessories: Analog, Vibration|
|ESRB: Everyone – Animated Violence|
- There are no known variants.
- There are no known misprints.
This contains a demo for Wipeout 3, the third game in the franchise for the PlayStation. While the original saw release on the Saturn, XL and 3 are PSX exclusive, with a odd remixed version being released for the Nintendo 64.
The demo allows for an infinite practice lap around the single stage of the game, and once you’re content, you may then race the same track against other competitors. There is no title screen in the demo; just opening cinema, and then right to the race. Interestingly, the included track is very brutal, demanding many hairpin turns, somewhat foreshadowing the difficulty of the final release.
- There are currently no videos for this game.
- Speaking of fonts, the back of the demo sleeve actually shows the font information: F-500 (Ang-ular)
- One of the few American releases, demo, full retail or otherwise, that displays the Japanese Dual Shock logo.
- The first time the cover displayed a graphic design rather than CG artwork. They went back to CG with the PS2 and PSP release.
- The actual opening CG and loading screen oddly display the words that describe them.
- No music is present in the demo’s actual track / play area.