|ESRB: Kids to Adult
0 19703 43170 7
October 25, 1995
You are the commander of X-COM; a multi-national defense force formed to defeat aliens, who threaten mankind’s very survival.
- COMMAND DEADLY CLOSE-COMBAT BATTLES
After shooting down UFOs you must send your finest soldiers into action against the aliens in an attempt to recover their technology, weapons or bodies!
- RESEARCH AND MANUFACTURE ALIEN TECHNOLOGIES
Use your scientists to analyze captured alien items and then get your engineers to copy their technology so you can fight on equal terms.
- DEVELOP A STRATEGY TO SAVE THE EARTH
You will not defeat the aliens simply by blasting them out of the sky. You’ll have to think carefully about your every action. In X-COM – UFO Defense action and strategy exist side by side.
An incredible simulation that still commands players attentions to this day. Manage the ENTIRE planet, and when I mean manage, I mean you micro manage EVERYTHING. Right down to what type of rooms you want in your specific bases, even keeping track of its finances. The brain swells…
There are no Ads for this game yet.
There are no known Variants for this game.
- Personal Trivia: When I was in Maryland working for GameShark, the offices were minutes away from MicroProse’s office. My apartment was literally 2 minutes from Big Games Studios, creators of another awesome simulation game; Rise of Nations. No matter where I am, I’m surrounded by games. 🙂
- One of the few long box games to only have one print run, with no variants.