Sports / Baseball
1 to 2 Players
| Retail Barcode:
0 40421 89805 3
| Sony ID:
May 18, 1998
YOU GOTTA HAVE GAME
- Smarter AI! Co-designed and tested by Major League Baseball players to ensure the most accurate gameplay.
- New Graphics! Detailed player models using true-to-life scaling and various body sizes.
- New Motion Capture! Including varied batting stances, player collisions and diving catches you see up close.
- Fully Licensed! All 30 MLB teams and stadiums, including the Devil Rays and DiamondBacks, plus over 750 players. Includes complete 1998 opening day rosters and schedules featuring Interleague Play.
- New Smart Cam! Always selects the best angle for gameplay in real time and allows you to see plays up close from the field perspective.
- More Personality! Complete in-game experience with heckling fans, players talking smack and a “called shot” feature to add the ultimate insult when defeating your friends.
- There is no Review for this game yet.
There are no videos associated with this game yet.
There are no Images for this game yet.
There are no Ads for this game yet.
- There are no known Variants for this game.
- The PSRM is not legible due to the disc art blacking it out. If anyone has been able to read it, let me know.
- VR Baseball 99 was clearly designed with a bit of humor in mind. From the cheeky use of peanuts as the disc art and packaging insert art, to the disc art claiming ‘Anything else is just a coaster’, and the admitting of heckling being in the game, Interplay clearly was looking for laughs to be a selling point.
- Creative visual clues – the ‘swing action’ on the cover illustration is the VR Sports logo’s swoosh.
- You can still see most of the original VRSports web-site, complete with quotes from Game Fan magazine at: https://web.archive.org/web/20000511192044/http://www.vrsports.com:80/