Sports / Hockey
1 to 2 Players
|ESRB: Kids to Adult
| Retail Barcode:
7 11719 45042 9
2 to 8 Blocks
| Sony ID:
November 30, 1995
You’re the left wing for the Detroit Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Finals. Game Seven. Overtime. Face Off in your zone. Yzerman wins the drop. You break the ice. You catch the pass on the tape. Breakway! One on One with New Jersey’s Marin Brodeur. Do you go top shelf or 5 hole? “He pulls the trigger…” Do you have the skills? Prepare yourself for NHL Face Off, the ultimate hockey simulation. Only available on PlayStation.
- NHL Season Play: Exhibition, 84 game season, Playoffs and Stanley Cup play modes.
- Team Management: Make player trades and create your own players to build a dynasty.
- Multiple Playing Perspectives: 4 different interactive playing views, you choose the camera angle!
- Real Hockey Animation: 5 types of checks, slapshots, one timers, multiple goalie saves, deke defenders & goalies, speed burst and more!
- Full Interactive 3D Environment: Players on the bench, the crowd and the official will interact in the action.
- Real Player Attributes: Players’ abilities all based upon their actual NHL player stats. Plus, NHL Players’ pictures are in the game.
Standard fare as hockey goes, though you can tell Sony was trying to take a bit too many notes from EA’s NHL Hockey from the Genesis. The game has minimal load time, and the sprite-based characters don’t look too bad after all these years. Easy to pick up, and very easy to play.
There are no Ads for this game yet.
- This was the first ever hockey game for the PlayStation system.
- There’s no actual stadium. When you tilt the camera in replay mode, there’s only the stands and rink; the rest of the background is all pitch black.