Sports / Basketball
1 to 8 Players
|ESRB: Kids to Adult
| Retail Barcode:
0 14633 07707 0
| Sony ID:
March 27, 1996
THINK YOU GOT GAME?
NBA LIVE 96 brings CHAMPIONSHIP gameplay to the PlayStation game console. Stunning GRAPHICS, cool CD MUSIC and REALISTIC strategy make it the FUTURE of interactive hoops.
- All 29 NBA teams, plus 2 All-Star teams
– includes Toronto and Vancouver expansion teams
- Over 300 real NBA players
- Full or reduced season play
- Track team, player and user stats all season long
- Trade players
- Amazingly detailed SGI rendered graphics & animations
– Sweet one on one moves
– alley oops, dunks,
– dribble moves and more
- All 29 NBA home courts
- CD quality sound and music
– Remix tracks play on your stereo
- TV Style presentations
- Multiple camera angles
One of the oldest sports games for the PlayStation, NBA Live ’96 doesn’t quite hold up very well. It’s Arcade Mode is fairly interesting, in that it plays (and even more importantly almost animates) just like NBA Jam but with full squads. You can turn off & on every option in the game, right down to having no out of bounds.
Graphically the game hasn’t aged well, but only in that next-generation sense. Fans of the 16 Bit era would still get a kick out of these graphics, especially since the players are still sprites moving on top of a polygon play field. Oddly enough, it still looks ‘clean’, even when played through component. Those notes aside, there’s not much meat left unless you’re into classic squads and collecting all things sports or PlayStation.
There are no Images for this game yet.
There are no Ads for this game yet.
- Back in the day, EA used to give the love when it came to manuals. NBA’s jewel case variant manual is absolutely huge, with charts, diagrams, and more for the basketball enthusiast. In today’s world, you’re lucky if you even get a manual.