1 to 2 Players
| Retail Barcode:
0 14633 07902 9
| Sony ID:
“NASCAR 98 is the best racing simulation of all time.” -Game Informer
New 50th Anniversary features:
- Race as or against the King, Richard Petty, in his trademark #43 car
- Compete at Darlington Raceway – NASCAR’s original super speedway
Classic NASCAR 98 Features
- 24 NASCAR Cars and Drivers
- 12 Official NASCAR Tracks and 5 Fantasy Circuits
- Head-to-head racing with 8 cars on the track
- Simulation and Arcade modes
- In-depth car setups
- There is no Review for this game yet.
The Collector’s Edition of NASCAR 98 came with a key chain of the anniversary emblem affixed to the actual case with stickies, and then the entire item was shrinkwrapped / sealed. There was no outer box. This is one of the most often missing pieces in the PlayStation library.
There are no videos associated with this game yet.
There are no Images for this game yet.
There are no Ads for this game yet.
This is a variant of NASCAR 98, but due to the added content, and later release, it has its own SLUS and PSRM, making it count as one of the 1248 releases. The standard edition was also released to Greatest Hits, but this was not.
- Released later in 1998, the Collector’s Edition features the extra following content:
- Race as or against Richard Petty.
- Added in the Darlington Raceway.
- The Emblem key chain.
- All new packaging and disc art.
- There’s a peculiar problem on the back of the case. If you compare the standard NASCAR 98 to this one, the original claims it has 10 Official Tracks, and 6 Fantasy Courses. The CE though, boasts 12 Official Tracks and 5 fantasy. If Darlington is the 11th Official track, that means it’s either a typo, or they moved one of the fantasy tracks to reality.
- The security seal on top reads “NASCAR 98 50th Anniversary ED.” yet the manual cover states it’s the “Collector’s Edition”. Irony? The spine still just reads NASCAR 98.