Animated Blood & Gore
| Retail Barcode:
0 83717 17003 7
| Sony ID:
October 2, 1997
The legacy of evil returns…
As a descendant of Dracula, you must end the vampire bloodline. Can you rid the world of this unspeakable terror? Uncover the mystery of Castlevania and challenge an adventure as legendary as its name.
- Over 140 different enemies, bosses and ghastly creatures.
- Awesome magical spells – transform into a bat, a wolf, or ethereal mist.
- Hidden weapons, secrets and characters… the largest Castlevania ever!
“Mind-blowing 32 bit special effects. This is Konami at their best!” – EGM Nov. ’96
“Castlevania is a blast!… The soundtrack resounds with synthesized and orchestrated music.” – GAMEPRO May ’97
“A huge game…If you think you’ve seen it all, you haven’t.” – GAMEFAN Apr. ’97
- There is no Review for this game yet.
There are no videos associated with this game yet.
There are no Images for this game yet.
There are no Ads for this game yet.
- Castlevania’s PSRM number of 00690 is insanely low for it’s release window. The games released around it all average in the 007500 to 007600 range.
- The GHA release was a reprint for Blockbuster, which also included Metal Gear Solid GH and Silent Hill GH.
- With this being the first Castlevania to take on the ‘Metroid-like’ approach to gameplay with an ever expanding world locked behind item acquirement, the genre was forever changed to ‘MetroidVania”.
- Re-released to Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Japan’s Sega Saturn saw a port with some extra content but woefully under optimized visuals.
- While the game is a possible 100% finish rate, you can sneak it up to 100.6% accessing hidden caverns after the fact.
- There are 4 different endings.
- For those folks who never played the Import Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the Turbo Duo nor the USA port of it to the PSP, the opening stage with Richter is the literal end stage of the older game – SOTN picks up where Rondo left off.